Let's get started with the Genesis Cloud Compute Service by launching, configuring and connecting to a Linux instance. This page explains how in five simple steps.
Step 1. Sign-up for Genesis Cloud
If you haven't yet, just sign-up with your email address here.
Step 2. Sign-in to your Genesis Cloud Account and access the Compute Service
Sign in with your credentials here.
From the dashboard, just click "Access Here":
Step 3. Register an ssh key and a credit card with your account
Also, in order to use the account, we need your credit card information. Click on Account, then Billing and you can subsequently add credit card information and billing details.
Step 4. Create and configure a GPU instance
In the Compute Dashboard click "Add new instance"
You can get started by clicking 'Create Instance'. Tbhere are a few things you can configure:
- Give it a Linux hostname and a nickname of your choice
- Select what Hardware you need for example a 1 CPU or a 3 GPU AMD 25 instance (you might be restricted by resource limits, contact us to lift them)
- Next to the plain Ubuntu installations you can also select preconfigured images
- If you want you can download the required NVIDIA Drivers
- Make sure you have an SSH key added to your instance that you have access to
- If you need specific ingress and egress rules, check out security groups
Step 5. Use to your instance
After the instance has been created, you can connect to it via ssh.
You will be billed for as long as the instance is active. If you want to pause your instance and continue at a later point, you can easily do so using the start/stop feature.