Why use 2FA ?
- The Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) adds an extra level of security to your account. Besides your log-in credentials you will need an additional second factor in form of a one-time password. To receive this code you will need a special authentication app like Authy, 1Password, FreeOTP or Google Authenticator.
- Before you can log into your account you will need to enter the generated password. This way you can avoid that your account and data get abused if someone manages to steal your log-in credentials (which we hope will never be the case at all).
How to enable 2FA ?
- Go to 'Account Settings', scroll down to 'Two-factor authentication' Section.
Click on 'Enable 2FA' and you will be redirected to a page showing a QR-code.
Scan the QR-code with your phone.
Follow the instructions of your authentication app.Important note:
Make sure you have one of the mentioned authentication apps installed on your phone.
Enter the displayed authentication code in the 'Enable Two-Factor Authentication' window and click on 'Submit'.
You will see one-time codes (backup codes) which you should copy to a personal document. Then, click on 'Close'.
Copy the displayed link to use the backup code in case you don’t have your authentication app with you.
How to disable 2FA ?
- If you want to disable the 2FA, click on 'Disable 2FA' in the 'Two-factor authentication' section.
- Confirm this move by clicking on the 'Disable 2FA' button again. To get redirected to the dashboard, click on 'Finish'.